All you need to do to become a member – membership is free – is to attend one of our monthly dinner-discussions. As a member, you will receive our newsletter with information about our upcoming play discussions and theater outings. We encourage members to receive newsletters by e-mail, although we will send you a print copy for a small donation to cover the mailing costs.
Join our E-List
Footlights has an on-line listserv with hundreds of subscribers. Subscribing is free. Newsletters and other Footlights announcements are posted here. To join our Footlights list, send an e-mail to FootlightsDCfirstname.lastname@example.org. Once you subscribe, you can also post your own messages to the list.
Guidelines for Posting to the Footlights E-List:
(1) Messages should be related to Footlights and/or theater. We do accept messages about some other area arts productions. If you want to comment on a play, tell us about it in your own words. If you want to publicize an arts event, and that includes plays, make it bare bones: name, date, time, contact phone number, ticket price. You can provide a link to the source.
(2) Original messages only. No forwarded messages. No attachments. If you want to cite someone else’s message and/or review, provide a link. But no forwarding, and no verbatim cut and paste copying of verbose reviews or press releases. Link to the release, but don’t paste in the release itself.
(3) Keep it brief. Exceptions: reservation lists for our theater trips and dinner-discussions.
(1) Make a financial contribution: Make checks out to Footlights and mail to Robin Larkin, 5800 Nicholson Lane, #L07, Rockville, MD 20852. Help us cover our expenses.
(2) Volunteer: E-mail Mark Gruenberg, email@example.com. We need people to lead discussions, arrange special guests, organize theater trips and/or dinner afterwards, research possible restaurants for dinner-discussions, publicize events, and assist monitoring and maintaining our listserv and website.
Mark Gruenberg, president
Robin Larkin, treasurer
Charlotte Baer, secretary
Phyllis Bodin, restaurant coordinator
Mary Ann Wren
Report technical problems with this website or your on-line subscription.